Course Description: “GNM Orthotic Fabrication” - Hands on Training with Dr. Clayton A. Chan
Prerequisite: Levels 1-7 (For advanced OC dentists only)
The Keys to Design & Construction of the Anatomical GNM Orthosis
This is a 2.5 day hands on laboratory course which solidifies the GNM dentists understanding and appreciation of Dr.Chan's bite optimization secrets and how he fabricates his removable orthotics from start to finish. Step by step details and protocols will be demonstrated. Attendees will by required to following his protocols, tools and methods to fabricate 2 lower removable anatomical GNM orthotics for their TMD patients who seek pain resolution and comprehensive restorative stabilization. Doctors will immediately begin learning and actually fabricating and carving their patient's orthotics from start to finish to further their appreciation of the missing GAPS of what phase I GNM orthotic and occlusal managment is all about. This course is a practical hands on extended laboratory session for those who dentist who already have taken OC Levels 1-7 course curriculum only. This is a customized private session designed for those elite dentists who desire to refine their didactic skills and customize their patient services to the next level. - Mastering the GNM Orthotic. (It's more than about making an orthotic).
- Understand the complete occlusal bite optimization and management process.
- Understand the steps how to construct the optimized anatomical orthotic.
- Tools, equipment and armamentarium required.
- Mounting the models - Articulator systems.
- Identifying the which NM bites are right and which ones are wrong.
- Which bites registrations materials are best - Rigid or Soft PV's
- Block out and undercut management.
- Fabricating the base of the orthotic
- Layering the base for anatomical form
- Implementing Dr. Chan's occlusal carving system to create anatomical occlusal form
- Designing the Key to proper form and disclusion
- Peripheral borders
- Thickness and retention
- Practice Management pros and cons
- How to construct the lower removable anatomical GNM orthotic as per Dr. Chan's instruction.
- Learn each step that Dr. Chan uses in his own lab for his patients in fabricating the orthosis
- Learn the secrets and details how Dr. Chan makes his orthotics.
- Learn the differences between standard orthotics and optimized orthotics that makes a clinical difference.
- Learn the secrets and critical keys to orthotic management and fabricaion that other "NM clinicians" haven't fully understood.
- Learn why NM clinicians don't get the results they are looking for clinically.
- Why each step is important to achieve Gneuromuscular Success!
- Learn how to maintain quality control with your orthotics and the practice management benefits of doing your own orthotics.
"This was an extremely valuable and practical caourse for my NM practice. It gives me muchmore contol and understanding of my NM cases. Every question was demonstrated and answered. This course was timely for me. It will make a big difference in my efficiency and the way I handle my NM cases. My patiens will see resolution of their symptoms much soon than before. I will place both orthotics in my patients mouth." - Robert C. Wageman, Kelona, British Columbia, Canada
"10+, 10+, 10+" Course objectives, personal objectives and information provided were met. [Dr. Chan is] "Clearly the Master of Gneuromuscular". - Joseph Andary, Oakville, Ontario, Canada